PsychArmor Institute CEO & Founder
Morrison is a California Licensed Marriage Family Therapist, a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, and a PPS-credentialed school counselor and School Psychologist. She is the author of the book, The Inside Battle: Our Military Mental Health Crisis, and has written numerous editorials on the field of military mental health featured in TIME, Newsweek, The Daily Beast, Huffington Post, and several others. Morrison is often featured as a subject matter expert, speaking publicly throughout the country and has been interviewed on several local and national television and radio programs, including BBC, NBC, FOX, CBS, and NPR.
Marjorie Morrison spent more than a decade doing extensive work with service members as a civilian mental health provider in the San Diego area. PsychArmor Institute stemmed from her personal experience as she became familiar with the intricacies of military culture.
Morrison discovered her passion for the field after she spent a year writing and implementing a revolutionary proactive counseling program at Marine Corps Recruit Training Depot San Diego. After putting more than 500 drill instructors through the program, her study continued at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton. She used the research to create a groundbreaking approach to military mental health care or transitioning into civilian life. She has become a passionate advocate for the education of civilians on how to work effectively and confidently with military populations, specifically through PsychArmor Institute.
Military Psychological Press
- The One-Five-15 Challenge
- To Whom It May Concern
- Six Degrees of Broken Washington
- Are Our Vets Getting a Bum Rap?
- Our Military Mental Health Crisis: A Case for Proactive Counseling
The Daily Beast
- Fixing Military Mental Health
- When Veteran’s Day is over, the Real Work Goes On
- Cracking Down on Military Rapes
- A Proactive New Response to the Service-Member Suicide Crisis
- Suicide Crisis: Why the Military Needs Mandatory Mental Health Services
- Are Soldier and Gridiron Suicides Linked?
- Veterans Are Only Part of the Challenge
- An Outsider Takes a Peek Inside
- PsychArmor: Educating Civilians About Military Life, CBS 8 San Diego
- Support for Our Veterans: Understanding Military Life and Culture, San Diego Living
- San Diego Nonprofit Launches Online Course About Helping Veterans, KPBS
- Helpline Offers Way to Better Support Veterans, NBC 7 San Diego
- PsychArmor Helps Civilians Learn About PTSD, Fox 5 San Diego
- United States Army Afraid of Discussing PTSD, BBC World News Radio
- The Pentagon’s Latest War Against Mental Illness. NPR “To The Point”
- Jumping Over Roadblocks: Inside PTSD and the Military Bureaucracy, The Take Away with John Hockenberry, NPR
- US Army and PTSD, BBC World News Radio
- Active Duty Ignored, Huff Post Live
- Drunken Patriotism, Huff Post Live
- Good Morning San Diego