Military Sexual Trauma (MST)
Military Sexual Trauma (MST)
INSTRUCTOR: Carie Rodgers, Ph.D., ABPP; Education Director, PsychArmor Institute
TIME: 60 Minutes
The Military Sexual Trauma course is designed for healthcare professionals, mental health professionals and public health providers. This course will explain the sensitive topic of military sexual trauma and how it effects Service members and Veterans. The course will give the learner detailed information and resources offered by the VA to care for MST survivors. The goal of this course is to describe and define military sexual trauma, understand how to connect with a MST coordinator at the VA, recognize the common signs and symptoms of military sexual trauma, and assess and screen clients for military sexual trauma.
- Military Cultural Competency
- Mental Health
- Military Sexual Trauma
Web-Based Training, Self-Study (Online)
One Continuing Education Credit / One Clock Hour
COURSE RELEASE DATE
October 20, 2015
This course is intended for social workers, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, counselors, and other mental health professionals providing care for Service members and Veterans.
OUTCOMES & OBJECTIVES
- Describe and define the definition of Military Sexual Trauma
- Utilize the VA's Military Sexual Trauma Coordinator and understand how to connect a Veteran to the MST Coordinator
- Recognize the common signs and symptoms of military sexual trauma
- Assess and screen clients for military sexual trauma
REGISTRATION/PARTICIPATION IN ACTIVITY PROCEDURE
- Length of Course: One Hour
- Review program schedule
- Register for course on PsychArmor's Virtual Learning Management System
- Attend and participate in 100% of program activity and evaluation
STATEMENT OF PARTICIPATION
A certificate of completion will be awarded to participants and accreditation records will be on file at PsychArmor Institute. In order to receive a certificate of completion from PsychArmor, learners must register in PsychArmor's learning management system, attend 100% of the program and complete the evaluations as directed in PsychArmor's course To inquire about CE's, contact CE@PsychArmor.org and provide your name, email, and license number.
- Introduction and overview of course (10 Minutes)
- Explanation of Military Sexual Trauma and the prevalence (10 Minutes)
- Overview about the action taken by the VA to resolve the problem (10 Minutes)
- How to create a plan to properly assess for military sexual trauma (10 Minutes)
- How to follow-up with someone after disclosure (10 Minutes)
- Review of treatment options, and evidence based treatments along with additional resources (10 Minutes)
References are available for this course upon request at Support@psycharmor.org
Start taking this course right now by registering your free account in our learning management system.
If you're already member use the link below to log into your existing account.